Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Getting painterly


3635
Originally uploaded by Charrmer.
Things have slowed a teeny tiny bit during the holidays and I've been enjoying a much needed breather... however nothing stops me from spending creative juices in new ways everyday. I've become particularly interested in how to turn my photos into paintings and have been teaching myself a new software program to do just that... here is an example.
What I discovered is that something my talented artist mom once told me is remarkably true-- Painting takes a lot of courage. I never understood that until recently. It's very hard to let go and be bold with the brush strokes and letting the image go to the next level. I'm working on it, trying to get braver, shaking things up and not being so timid. So Watch Out!

1 Comments:

Blogger karin said...

there is something about making art right out of your body that is so terrifying. it's why I turn to craft as a buffer, and why I want come back to fine arts.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search